So you’re high and hungry. Now what? You raid the cupboard and fridge for anything of sustenance. Yes, there’s the delicious instant noodles or that quick microwave pre-prepared meal in the freezer. Onto the side, there’s a basket full of candy left over from Halloween. Eat anything when you’re stoned out of your mind.
None seem like the healthiest option for your meat-mobile – and you’ll need to have this going for at least a few decades.
Here are our top five foods to delete your cannabis infused hunger spree:
Instead of reaching out for that forbidden pleasure of a snickers bar, opt for an apple or a banana. Hell, whatever is in season go for that – you can never have enough fruits – just ask a fruitarian.
Certain fruits are packed in essential vitamins and minerals. For example the humbled grapefruit helps aids weight loss and helps insulin management.
Make sure to consume to the whole fruit along with the fibres when you’re stoned out of mind to buffer the amount of sucrose that’s in the sweeter fruits like grapes. So, as to reduce the fructose sugar rush into your bloodstream.
Our healthiest recommended fruits are:
A much healthier option to those sweet juicy gummy bears – nuts are a rich source of energy, nutrients and fiber. And because they are high in fiber it will help you stave off those munchies frenzy.
Benefits of nuts include:
- Abundant in Monounsaturated-Fatty Acids (MUFAs) which helps your body lower bad cholesterol (LDL) meanwhile increases good cholesterol (HDL). This means it can protect your body from coronary diseases such as strokes.
- Rich in vital omega-3 acids that is good for lowering blood pressure and prevent possible heart disease, strokes and various cancers.
- They are filled with proteins, zinc, folic acid, potassium and copper!
- Have super long shelf life
*Please consult your regular physician if allergic to nuts.
They are easy to make or readily available in supermarkets nationally. There’s a gazillion different types of spreads that you can try.
Our go to is hummus made from chickpeas, olive oil and tahini. Chickpeas though rich in protein do have carbs so perhaps consider eating it with crackers or with vegetables like celery or carrots.
Grilled Cheese Food Sandwich
You can use food of the edible cannabis gods when you’re stoned out of mind . Not only does it taste godly but godly good when you crack it in half with a swift crunch of the knife to leave the cheese and scrumptious fillings oozing out. There are a ton of guides online some of them are:
- Sandwich – get the good firm sourdough or any quality firm bread. We recommend you go for something filled with seeds for extra aroma and flavour.
- Cheese – pretty much anything that you can find in your supermarket. Our go to is mozzarella with blue cheese. YUM.
- Butter/Fat – pretty much any form of fattening spread to soak into the bread and enable the bread to be able to go CRUNCH.
Best served freshly hot and crunchy out of your grill or pan with your favourite sauce!
So what is your favourite munchie food that’s wholesomely awesome? You can eat when you’re stoned out of mind.