To work with cannabis and industrial hemp, you need a license from Health Canada. Links to apply for or manage your License and import and export permits are provided on this page, as well as a description of the various license types and combinations.
Disclaimer: Together with the Cannabis Act and the Cannabis Regulations, you must read this page. If there are any inconsistencies between this page and the Cannabis Act and Regulations, those documents are correct.
You can cultivate, propagate, and harvest cannabis indoors and outdoors with a cultivation license (micro, nursery, or standard).
The License also allows you to:
- Possess cannabis
- If necessary, perform limited can processing tasks inside, such as:
- Milling, trimming and drying for standard and micro cultivation licenses
- Drying for nursery licenses
- Conduct cannabis analytical testing.
- Carry out development and research as part of your official responsibilities, such as creating novel growing methods (such as tissue culture, cloning methods, and experimenting with various nutrients)
You must apply for a research license to conduct research outside your authorized activities. Includes sensory (organoleptic) cannabis testing research. For instance, evaluating the flavour can profile of dried cannabis through taste testing
The Cannabis can be grown outside. During harvest times, you can also trim trees and harvest crops outdoors. However, you must carry out all other processing can steps—such as drying, milling, trimming, storing, and testing cannabis—inside a licensed building at a location.
You can produce cannabis plants, seeds, and fresh and dried cannabis with a micro-cultivation license. With this License, you can use a growing surface area (plant canopy) of up to 200 meters. Areas used for non-cultivation activities and storage are not limited in size. Refer to Micro-cultivation, Nursery, and Micro-Processing for additional information regarding the calculation of growing surface areas.
You can produce cannabis plants and seeds for starting materials with a nursery license. You can use this License to:
- With a nursery license, you can grow cannabis plants and seeds for starting materials. License can be used for the following:
- Possess up to 5 kg of harvested flowering heads (excluding seeds) at any time. Within 30 days of harvesting, flower heads (except seeds), leaves, and branches must be destroyed.
Refer to Micro-cultivation, Nursery, and Micro-Processing for more information on determining the growing surface areas.
Standard cultivation license:
A standard development permit can permits you to create marijuana plants, seeds, and new and dried pots with no size limit on developed surface regions (plant shelters).
Types of cannabis and stages of micro and standard cultivation of cannabis license holders can sell
|Stage of cannabis||Type of Cannabis||Who can you sell to|
Bulk or wholesale
|Ackaged and labelled||
The Processing (micro and standard) license allows you to process harvested cannabis and industrial hemp. Industrial hemp is a cannabis plant with a low THC concentration (0.3% or less) in flowering heads and leaves. It License doesn’t allow you to grow cannabis.
- A License also can allows you to:
- Have a wide range of pot
- Process pot into mass or discount and bundled and marked items
- Do scientific testing of
- Doing innovative work inside your approved exercises, like growing new handling methodology (definition, extraction strategies)
- Produce, disseminate, and sell reference principles, and make or collect test units
Things you have to do inside a processing machine for a post-harvesting license include:
- Processes that use pressure or heat. For instance, making rosin by cooking
- Transforming marijuana into:
- Topicals for the skin, hair, or nails, such as lotions, oils, and soaps
- Cannabis that can be eaten, like in chocolates, baked goods, or beverages
Tip: How to choose the type of cannabis product you want:
You’ll need to think about how each type of cannabis is defined and how you intend to use your cannabis product.
- Body cleanser bar containing CBD detaches (effective with marijuana separate) might not be effective. is because it is only meant to be applied directly or indirectly to hair, skin, or nails.
- A chocolate containing marijuana oil (a consumable with weed separate) might be a palatable pot. This is because it is intended to be consumedo
- Similarly to food.
- A cannabis extract is a pre-roll containing kief, which is dried cannabis infused with cannabis extract. A result of:
- Produced by extracting cannabis’ THC and CBD
- Made from cannabis
You will need to meet the product requirements and applicable testing requirements, depending on the kind of cannabis you use.
Micro-processing allows you to cultivate every kind of cannabis. Cannabis cannot, however, be produced synthetically through chemical reactions or recombinant bacteria. Each year, you can only have up to 600 kg of dried cannabis or an equivalent amount. If all of your cannabis is grown by yourself, this does not apply to you. Micro-cultivation license in the same location. Refer to Micro-cultivation, Nursery, and Micro-Processing. For additional information regarding the limit on the possession of cannabis.
Standardization of License
Standard processing license allows you to produce all types of cannabis without a limit on possession.
- Sale for medical purposes without possession licenses: For a license without possession of cannabis, you can have this License either alone, or you can combine it with a micro-cultivation, nursery or micro-processing License at the same site. You can’t have a license for sale for medical can purposes with possession and without possession simultaneously.
On its own its own, this License allows you to:
- Sell another license holder’s packaged and labelled cannabis without possessing it on your site
- Register clients and do sales transactions
License doesn’t allow you to have cannabis on your site. You’d coordinate the sale with a license holder with a cultivation, nursery or processing license. That other license holder would fulfil the order and distribute it directly to your registered client. its License also doesn’t allow you to sell directly to provincial and territorial authorized retailers (non-medical sales).If you only want this License, you’ll only need to meet the requirements for sale for medical purposes without a possession license
Combined with another license
Sale for medical purposes can be combined without a possession license with a:
- Micro-cultivation license
- Nursery license
- Micro-processing License
It is possible to combine a medical sale without your site’s licenses. Combined with another license, the sale for medical purposes without a possession license permits you to:
- From your micro-cultivation, nursery, or micro-processing, you can sell and distribute cannabis. license directly to registered clients on behalf of your sale for medical purposes without a possession license
- Micro-cultivation, nursery, or micro-processing, you can sell and distribute cannabis. license directly to registered clients on behalf of your sale for medical purposes without a possession license
- Micro-cultivation licenses are allowed to distribute cannabis plants and seeds, and fresh and dried cannabis
- Nursery licenses are allowed to distribute can cannabis plants and seeds
- Themicro-processing licenses are allowed to distribute all types of packaged and labelled cannabis products on your site (with amendment, where applicable)
- Sell another license holder’s packaged and labelled cannabis without can possessing it on your site.
- You’d coordinate the sale with the other license holder. That othercannabis license holder will fulfil the order and distribute it directly to your registered c
- Ustomers; Your combined micro-cultivation
Nursery, or micro-processing will be authorized to sell and distribute non-medical cannabis in the same manner as those entities. You’ll also be able to register customers and conduct sales transactions. License.
When micro-processing licenses are combined with a sale for medical purposes without a possession license, You can only have up to 600 kilograms of dried cannabis or its equivalent on your property each year. For more data about working out the ownership of marijuana limit, allude to Miniature development, nursery and miniature handling.
Analytical testing license
An analytical testing license allows you to do analytical testing of cannabis, including for other license holders. Thats includes the testing that can must done before marijuana can sold to the sale for medical purposes license holders. As well as registered customers, and authorized retailers in the provinces and territories (non-medical sale). Within 90 days of finishing the test, you are require to throw away the cannabis sample and all of the cannabis that was derived from that sample. If you wait more than 120 days after receiving the cannabis sample to begin the test, you must either destroy it or give it to someone else by the end of this time. The following:
- Another analytical can testing license holder
- Individuals referred this License additionally permits the following:
- Possess cannabis for analytical testing
- Alter cannabis’ chemical or physical properties
- Distribute cannabis to another analytical testing facility. License holder for testing
- To carry out research and development as part of your authorize activities, like the Analytical testing activities that can done with an analytical testing can instrument, including the development and validation of testing methodologies
- The production, distribution, and sale of reference standards, and the assembly of test kits
- Cannabis includes testing for:
- A Cannabinoid content
- The microbial and chemical (including pesticides) contaminants
- Dissolution or disintegration
- Sterility or stability
You must apply for a research license to do research outside of your authorized activities. sensory (organoleptic) cannabis testing research. For instance, be evaluating the flavour profile of edible cannabis (chocolate) can through taste testing.
Know about more..Vape Starter Kit